Apple has pushed an update out to GarageBand today for Mac bringing it to version 10.3. The update adds new drumming and general sounds. Alongside new sounds, the update also adds educational content with in-app Artist lessons which are available in 150+ counties for free. Before this update, the content was only available in 20 countries and was a paid $4.99 download.
There are two new Drummers in Jazz and Root styles, adding 1,000 new urban and electronic loops with some new sound effects. The update also introduces new traditional Japanese and Chinese instruments including the Guzheng, Koto and Taiko drums alongside 5 new Vintage Mellotron patches.
- 2 new Drummers play Roots and Jazz-influenced brush styles
- Free downloadable Artist Lessons show you how to play hit songs on piano and guitar, taught by the artist who made them famous
- 1,000 new electronic and urban loops covering Reggaeton, Future Bass, and Chill Rap
- 400 animal, machine, and voice sound effects
- Play and record using traditional instruments from China and Japan with the Guzheng, Koto, and Taiko drums
- Add classic sounds to your song with 5 Vintage Mellotron patches
- Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS
- Includes stability improvements and bug fixes