This is a new running series here on Appleosophy all about what Apple recommends people watch and stream on their TV’s next week, preferably from the Apple TV app.
Apple TV is Apple’s primary app for watching content both on-demand and live. It is a great way to manage which shows all of the movies and TV shows that you are watching on a variety of streaming services.
This week, the show that Apple is highlighting is The Walking Dead. The show is currently in its ninth season, with new episodes available on AMC and older episodes on Netflix. The show has another spin-off called Fear The Walking Dead, which is available on AMC and Hulu.
Apple is also highlighting a few other TV shows and movies based on categories. Here are their following suggestions.
New + Noteworthy:
- Carpool Karaoke (Apple/Apple TV): Tony Hawk vs. Shaun White vs. Kelly Slater in the ultimate test: Eddie Vedder impersonations.
- White Dragon (Prime Video): This British conspiracy thriller is like a great novel that you can’t put down.
- Miracle Workers (TBS): Steve Buscemi and Daniel Radcliffe are divine in this heavenly workplace comedy.
Riotous Reality TV
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Bravo): Denise Richards joins the fray. And is Lisa V. getting frozen out?
- The Challenge (MTV): A mashup of reality stars battling it out for a million bucks? That’s Bananas.
- Celebrity Big Brother (CBS): Kato Kaelin and Tom Green are the buddy comedy team we didn’t know we needed.
Fastastical Adventure (Movies)
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: Ralph and Vanellope’s ingenious cyber caper sparkles with wit and warmth.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Eddie Redmayne faces down dastardly Johnny Depp in this dazzling Potter-world spectacle.
- The Little Mermaid: The film that launched Disney’s animation renaissance still shimmers.
Game Time (Sports)
- #1 Tennessee vs. #5 Kentucky (Men’s College Basketball): The Vols’ 19-win rampage meets UK’s fleet of highflyers and sharpshooters in a blockbuster SEC showdown. The game starts at 8 PM ET on ESPN.
- Blues vs. Wild (NHL): From last in the West to a wild card contender, St. Louis has our attention. Can Minny make a run for it too? The game begins at 3:30 PM ET on NBC.
- NBA All-Star Game 2019: We’re hyped for a wild night of video-game dunks, step-back 3s, and (dare we say) 4th-quarter defense. Begins at 8:20 PM ET on TBS and TNT.
Appleosophy Staff Picks: Since this is our first week doing this, the writer of this article, David Becker, will include his picks for this article. We will add all of our staffs’ picks every Friday! For this article, Becker will have three picks.
- David Becker: Last Man Standing (FOX): The show aired two new episodes on Friday night, which are available to watch Friday nights at 8 PM ET. Additionally, episodes are added to the Hulu and FOX Now apps the next day.
- David Becker: The Big Bang Theory (CBS): The gang uses deception and betrayal to make it to the one open seat at Wil Wheaton’s celebrity Dungeons and Dragons game with William Shatner, Joe Manganiello, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Kevin Smith. A new episode of the series airs February 21, 2019.
- David Becker: Spongebob Squarepants (Prime Video): Specifically the episode “Band Geeks” is on Prime Video and I think we could all use it after that disappointment that was the Super Bowl 53 halftime show.
All of these movies and TV shows can be streamed right from the Apple TV app, which is available on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and the Apple TV.