While text messaging is supposed to make communication easier, nevertheless, some people and companies can also send spam you. Over the years, Apple has kept on improving the security features provided by iOS and with iOS 12 you can now block these annoying text messages. Without further a do, let’s learn how to do it.
- Tap the Messages app
- Click on the message you received from a spammer.
- Tap on the name of the spammer
- Tap on the “i” info icon.
- Click on the spammer name again
- Tap on the Block This Caller option by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
If you want to block a specific phone number from your iPhone Contacts from sending your texts, calling you, or even trying to FaceTime you, you can also is go to the Phone app, then tap on the person you wish to block, you’ll see the “Block this Caller” option. Tap it, and confirm this action. If the methods won’t work, then you should contact your wireless carrier as they normally have phone spam tools to help keep you safe!