Streaming has become a key part in how we are entertained on a daily basis. We are primarily focusing on streaming services this week since a lot of the fall and spring TV shows have ended for the 2018-2019 TV season.
With that said, here are this week’s top TV, movie and sporting event streaming picks:
- Good Omens: An angel and a demon must join forces to find a way to save the world as the end of time grows near with the approaching Armageddon. The series can be streamed in the United States on Prime Video.
- Designated Survivor: This show was canceled by ABC back in May 2018 and was brought back by Netflix for a third season last fall. Now the Kiefer Sutherland-led political drama returns for its third season, which ironically premiered today on the streaming service. All of the new season three episodes, as well as seasons one and two, can be streamed on Netflix.
- Black Mirror: Season five of the series premiere on Wednesday this week. The newest season of the show only has three episodes. All three of the newest episodes can be streamed on Netflix.
- A Star is Born: Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers, and falls in love with, struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer until Jackson coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally’s career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jackson fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons. The film’s song “Shallow,” sung by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga won Best Original Song at the 2019 Oscars. The movie can currently be streamed on HBO NOW and HBO Go.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: Video game bad guy Ralph and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz must risk it all by traveling to the World Wide Web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, “Sugar Rush.” In way over their heads, Ralph and Vanellope rely on the citizens of the internet — the netizens — to help navigate their way, including an entrepreneur named Yesss, who is the head algorithm and the heart and soul of trend-making site BuzzzTube. The movie can be streamed on Netflix starting on June 11.
- The Intern: This one is inspired for all of you who are currently or will soon be doing an internship this summer, which in some cases could be your first one ever. Unfortunately, there are no upcoming showings of the movie this week on TV and that there are no streaming services that have it. However, the good news is that it can be rented on iTunes for $3.99. Although it goes past our June 13 timeline, it will be aired on TBS on June 15 at 5:30 p.m.
- Toronto Raptors vs. Golden State Warriors (NBA Finals/Game 4): Game 4 of the NBA Finals will air at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
- FireKeepers Casino 400 (NASCAR): The race will be on Sunday, June 9 at 2 p.m. ET on FS1.
- Detroit Tigers vs. Kansas City Royals (MLB): This game will be broadcasted on Thursday, June 13 at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.