I know that we put an article out a couple days ago on what to stream this weekend and over the course of this upcoming week. However, we thought it would be cool to have an additional article on what to stream today, the day of Father’s Day.
The one piece of media we will be recommending that fathers, their kids and even the rest of the family, can watch will be WGN America’s Last Man Standing marathon. Tim Allen is the main character of the series and is well-known as arguably the best TV 90’s TV dad from his ABC sitcom Home Improvement, so, this show would seem to fit for Father’s Day.
WGN’s Last Man Standing marathon will begin on Father’s Day at 6 p.m. ET on WGN America. Sadly, there is no live TV streaming service to stream the show, so you might have to have a cable or satellite package in order to watch this. Either that, or you can stream the entire series on Hulu.
Here are the other TV shows and movies we are recommending you to watch on Father’s Day today:
- MASH: This is a great classic American sitcom that features Alan Alda. The story is about a medical crew that has to use humor and your typical every day screwing around in order to get through the Korean War. The show lasted for 11 seasons on CBS and the entire series can be found to stream on Hulu.
- The Big Bang Theory: This one is for your big nerdy or geeky father out there. It is one of the most popular shows of the 21st Century and can be found to stream on TBS’s app and on-demand or you can stream the last season of the series on CBS All Access.
- Home Improvement: Yes, we just mentioned it above but it really is a show that every father can relate to in some way, shape or form. It’s a great family show too, so you will not have to worry about the content of the show getting too inappropriate. All eight seasons of the series can be found and streamed on Hulu.
- 24: For the father that likes to watch action/thriller TV shows or just likes watching people shoot guns at one another, this Kiefer Sutherland drama should be able to do the job for you. The entire series can be streamed on both Hulu and Prime Video.
- The Ranch: A show about a rancher, a former football star, and has a dysfunctional family. This ought to be good! All three seasons of the series can be found to stream on Netflix.
- Searching: A movie about a father looking for his daughter through the internet and social media. The film stars John Cho and is a great example of a father looking out for his daughter and trying to do everything he can to get her back. The movie can currently be streamed on Starz and is currently priced at $12.99 to purchase on iTunes. At this time, it is not possible to rent it through iTunes right now.
- Taken: This is a great Liam Neeson movie that shows the rough and tough spirit of Neeson. In this movie, he does everything in his power to get his kidnapped daughter back to him. The movie can be streamed via on-demand on FuboTV. It can also be rented on iTunes for $3.99.
- Ted: If your dad is into really funny and flat-out silly movies, this would be the one for you and him to watch. I won’t go over the plot details but just think of it as a really long episode of Family Guy. After all, the movie is pretty much a Seth McFarlane production. You can rent it on iTunes for $4.99. Also, if you want to watch the sequel, Ted 2, it can also be rented for $4.99 too.
Sports: We are only mentioning one sports event for this article. If you’d like to see our other recommendations for the week, click here.
- The NASCAR Gander Trucks and CircuitCity.com 250 NASCAR XFINITY races: If your father is into racing, he’ll be in luck tomorrow. Due to a rain delay on what was supposed to be the Gander Truck Series race on Saturday, the race has been moved to 12 p.m. ET on FS1. Following that, you should be able to watch the CircuitCity.com 250 XFINITY race at 5:30 p.m. on FS1 too.
We hope that any one of these programs will allow you to have a good day with your father on this very special day.