After months of testing in Ireland and other few selected countries, Spotify Kids has finally been released to US in both the App Store and Google Play.
This is a standalone app, not accessible through the traditional Spotify app, using a Spotify Family Premium subscription. The idea behind this app is to better protect the kids data and to not influence the recommendations on the parents’ accounts.
Spotify claims that the app uses three layers of security against personal data leaks:
- No ads – meaning that your personal data will not be used by third parties to have personalized advertisement content.
- All content is human-curated to be suitable for children, beside the traditional filter for explicit content.
- COPPA-compliant privacy protection.
The company made a brief description about the Spotify Kids. Here is what they say:
Introduce your child to a playground of sound with the all new Spotify Kids app. Exclusively available with your Spotify Premium Family subscription.
“With Spotify Kids, your child can:
- Explore audio with you or on their own
- Enjoy kid-friendly audio handpicked for them
- Soundtrack their day – from play time to story time
Designed for the next generation of listeners, Spotify Kids is an easy and fun way for children to explore the world of sound, on their own or with their family.
You’re in charge. With Spotify Kids, it’s easy to decide what your child hears. You can switch anytime between tracks and playlists chosen for younger kids or for older kids.
Audio for them, peace of mind for you. All content in the app has been handpicked by our editors to be family friendly and fun for kids to explore.”