Apple has today released iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 almost a month after the release of iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6 which brought in Apple News+ Audio and Car Key.
The build number for this version is 17G80. According to Apple’s release notes,
“iOS 13.6.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone.
– Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low
– Fixes a thermal management issue that caused some displays to exhibit a green tint
– Fixes an issue where Exposure Notifications could be disabled for some users
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222”
This update will be very small – around 100MB in size, if you are coming from iOS 13.6 and the size of the update depends from device to device.
iOS 13.6.1 & iPadOS 13.6.1 supports all devices supporting iOS 13 which are:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE (1st Generation)
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPod Touch (7th Generation)
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone XR
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (3rd Generation)
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini (5th Generation)
- iPad (5th, 6th and 7th Generation)
- All iPad Pro models
This might be one of the last iOS 13 updates as Apple will be focusing on making iOS 14 more stable for public release.
Stay updated with the latest Apple news at Appleosophy and follow our Telegram News Channel here. Join the Appleosophy Community on Telegram here.