October is here and that means it is time for more cooler weather to come, for the nights to come quicker and to watch plenty of Halloween movies.
With that said, every week in October, we plan on recommending at least one Halloween movie per week just so you know what your options are.
- “Schitt’s Creek” (Season 6): The series has been getting plenty of praise the last couple of weeks based on how well it performed at the 2020 Emmy’s. With that said, the newest season of the series will be available to stream on Wednesday, October 7, on Netflix.
- “The Mandalorian”: With the second season set to be released later this month, now might be a good time to catch up on its first season. It can be streamed on Disney+.
- “Futurama”: This long-lasting TV series should keep you busy for a little while. Six seasons of the series can be streamed on Hulu.
- The “Harry Potter” movie franchise: As of Thursday, all of the movies are available to stream on Peacock. It can be streamed for both premium users and with ads for free viewers.
- “6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park”: If you have ever wondered what it’s like to make an episode of the popular Comedy Central original TV series, this might be just the thing you’ll want to stream. It is available to stream on HBO Max.
- “Divergent” movie series: We are not ones to get political here, but if you are looking to watch something either to take your mind off the debate, what’s happening in the U.S. at this time or are wanting to see where we might be heading in the future, this set of movies could be what you are looking for. The sequels include “Insurgent” and “Allegiant.” All of the movies are available to stream on IMDb TV.
Halloween Movie of the Week:
- “Zombieland”: To get this kicked off, we’re going to recommend this classic film starring Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Emma Stone. The film can be streamed from the free ad-supported tier and premium versions of Peacock.
- #7 Auburn vs. #4 Georgia (College Football): This will surely be the top game of the SEC conference this weekend, and arguably the biggest game of the weekend too. It will air at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, October 3, on ESPN.
- New England Patriots vs. Kansas City Chiefs (NFL): Cam Newton against Patrick Mahomes? It surely cannot get better than this. The game will be played at 4:25 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 4, on CBS.
- YellaWood 500 (NASCAR Cup Series): “The big one” could happen during this race this weekend, as the race will be held at Talladega Motorspeedway. It will be on at 2 p.m. ET, Sunday, October 4, on NBC.