Apple has released watchOS 7.3 alongside iOS 14.4, iPadOS 14.4, tvOS 14.4 and HomePod System 14.4. This is the third major release of watchOS 7.
watchOS 7.3 can be downloaded through the Apple Watch app on your iPhone by heading to General > Software Update. Your Apple Watch needs to have a charge of 50% or more, connected to a charger, and in range of your iPhone.
watchOS 7.3 includes a new ‘Time To Walk’ workout for Apple Fitness+ subscribers which can be started through the Fitness+ tab in Fitness or on the workout app on Apple Watch.
Time To Walk features inspiring stories from music artists, athletes, and other influential people. Each episode/workout is 25 to 40 minutes in length, with more to be added.
ECG comes to Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand, and irregular heart rhythm notifications are coming to Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand.
The new Unity Watch Face comes to Apple Watch, inspired by the Pan-African colors (black, red, and green) with adapting shapes that change with movement. There are three color options, black, red, green and yellow, red and green, and black and grey.
watchOS 7.3 is available on the following Apple Watches:
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch SE
You can read the full release notes below:
watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
– Unity watch face–inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you
– Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers–an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
– ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
– Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
– Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled