July is the last full month of the summer where students across the country, or at least most of them, are without anything to do school-wise. It is also a time where the adults of this world could be looking for any excuse to stream something good while away from work on their day off.
Here are our picks for this month.
- “Turner & Hooch”: It’s a spin-off of the classic Tom Hanks “Turner & Hooch” movie and will premiere as a Disney+ Original on Wednesday, July 21 and star Josh Peck.
- “Atypical” (Season 4): The final season of this TV series is set to hit Netflix on Friday, July 9.
- “My Wife and Kids”: The complete series of this old ABC TV series hits Hulu on Thursday, July 8. It includes all fives seasons of the series.
- “Lost Speedways” (Season 2): It’s a Peacock Original and has former NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr showing off and talking about this history of old racing tracks across the United States. It is available to stream today exclusively on Peacock.
- “Doctor Who” 2021 New Year’s Day special: While it may have aired on New Year’s Day this year, the holiday special, “Revolution of the Daleks” is now available to stream on HBO Max.
- “Baby Boss 2: Family Business”: A sequel to the famous “Baby Boss” film is streaming on Peacock this month. It will premiere on the NBCUniversal streaming service on Friday, July 2.
- “Black Widow”: The new Marvel movie will be available to stream on Disney+ starting on Friday, July 9. It will cost an extra $29.99 to stream this movie through the Disney-based streaming service.
- “Jungle Cruise”: Disney+ is having two new movies on its streaming service this month, with this new one premiering on it on Friday, July 30. It will cost $29.99 extra to stream it through Disney+.
- “The Intern”: We’re not one for recommending movies to rent, but this is great for those who are doing internships this summer and has an excellent story to it too. It is available to rent through the Apple TV app for $3.99 with 4K support as well.
- “Space Jam: A New Legacy”: LeBron James is in this one and is a sequel to the iconic original “Space Jam” movie. The movie will be able to be streamed on HBO Max on Friday, July 16. Please note that it will only be available on the ad-free version of HBO Max for $14.99 a month.
- New York Mets vs. New York Yankees (MLB): Independence Day is a great day to watch baseball, and Sunday night, a game between both New York teams will take place. You can watch this game at 7 p.m on ESPN.
- Jockey Made in America 250 (NASCAR Cup Series): People might say baseball is America’s pasttime, but racing should be a close second. This race will take place on Independence Day at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (MLB): This is historic rivalry is set to see another day. When these two get together, anything can happen. The game will be played at 7:15 p.m. ET, Saturday, July 10, on FOX.
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens (NHL): It could be the final game of the NHL season. If the Lightning win, they clinch a Stanley Cup victory. The game will be played at 8 p.m. ET, Monday, July 5, on NBC and streaming live on Peacock. If you plan to watch via Peacock, you must be subscribed to Peacock Premium, which starts at $4.99 a month.
- 2021 NBA Finals: This year’s NBA Finals will be happening this summer, unlike last year. At the time of this article being published, we only know that the Phoenix Suns will be in the NBA Finals but do not know the other team. The Finals begin on Thursday, July 8 and will be broadcasted on ABC.