Day One Journal is one of the most popular journaling apps in the App Store and it got quite an interesting update today.
Now that it has been a week since iOS 16 has been released to the public, the folks at Day One Journal have added a new Lock Screen widget for its users to put on their iPhones.
The new widget Day One received allows users to see their current journal entry streak right from their Lock Screen on their iPhone.
This update came in Version 7.16 that has the following notes:
• iOS 16: You can now add a Day One Streaks widget to your Lock
• iOS 16: Day One now comes with default Siri shortcuts. Just say “Hey
Siri, write in Day One” or “Answer the daily prompt in Dav One.”
• Removed a disruptive alert in the Instagram settings screen when not
signed in to Day One
• Side Menu: If there has only one journal, All Entries will not be shown
• Side Menu: The “New Journal” button is now displayed at the bottom
of the journals section
• Fixed an issue that prevented the filter tabs in the Media Timeline from
• Book Printing: Fixed a crash when clicking ‘Checkout’ on the book cart
• Fixed an issue where the timeline keyboard shortcuts didn’t work
• Fixed an issue with an entry not being saved when created from the
Photo Library without using the media’s location and date
• Fixed an issue where you couldn’t sign in from the Premium upgrade
• Fixed the Activity filter count in the search screen
• Fixed an issue that caused Day One to request Photo Library
permissions when opening the metadata screen for an entry
Day One Journal is a free app in the App Store with subscriptions starting at $3.99 a month or $34.99 a year.
What are your thoughts on the new Day One Journal Lock Screen widget? What other widgets would you like to see made for this app? Comment below or let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.