The HomePod just got support for another feature.
Both the HomePod and HomePod Mini now have support for YouTube Music. This support is now available thanks to integrated Siri support in the YouTube Music app.
“We’ve officially launched YouTube Music support on Apple HomePod to all Premium and Music Premium members globally.”
Here is how YouTube Music users can make YouTube Music the default music source with Siri commands on the HomePod:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your iPhone and tap your photo in the upper right-hand corner
- Tap Settings > Connected apps > Connect with HomePod.
- On the next screen, tap Use in Home.
- Tap Done to complete setup.
If for some reason the options do not appear on the YouTube Music app when you have it going on your device, try closing it out and reopening it until the option appears.
With that said, here is how you can make YouTube Music the default music source on your HomePod.
- Open the YouTube Music app.
- Tap your profile image in the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings and then Connected Apps.
- Select “Connect with HomePod.”
- Tap “Use in Home.”
YouTube Music costs $10.99 a month and is available to stream on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, HomePod, and has support for CarPlay.
Do you plan on using YouTube Music on your HomePod thanks to this new functionality? Comment below or let us know on X at @appleosophy.