This is our weekly article about what you should be streaming over the course of the next week, specifically from devices like the Apple TV and iPad.
- The Big Bang Theory (Season 12, Episode 21): With only three episodes left in the show, it would be a good time to start watching the show and keeping up with it before the show has its series finale next month. The newest episode of the show airs on Thursday, May 2, at 8 p.m. ET on CBS and will be available to stream on-demand the day after on CBS All Access.
- Game of Thrones (Season 8, Episode 3): The third episode of the final season airs on Sunday, April 28, at 9 p.m. on HBO. Click here to see how you can stream it live or on-demand after it airs Sunday night.
- Whiskey Cavalier (Season 1, Episode 10): This is one of ABC’s newer shows and I have to say that I have personally watched the first three episodes of the series and it is actually really good. The camera angles remind me a lot of the ones you would see in Top Gear on BBC America or Grand Tour on Prime Video. The writing for the show is pretty good as well. The next episode of the series airs on Wednesday, May 1, at 10 p.m. ET on ABC.
- A Few Good Men: This is a classic Tom Cruise film. It was written by Aaron Sorkin, who also wrote The Social Network and the 2015 Steve Jobs movie. The film can only be purchased on iTunes for $14.99, no rental option is available, as of this day. The good news about this is that Sundance TV will be airing it on Saturday, April 27, at 7 p.m. ET. BBC America will also be showing it on Tuesday, April 30, at 8 p.m. ET, followed by an encore airing at 11 p.m. ET for those who will be staying up late. Both networks will have it in their on-demand programming availability after it airs, which will be available on their apps and from live TV streaming services.
- The Devil Wears Prada: As assistant to impossibly demanding New York fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly (Streep), young Andy Sachs (Hathaway) has landed a job that “a million girls would die for.” Unfortunately, her heaven-sent appointment as Miranda’s personal whipping girl just might be the death of her! The film can be streamed on HBO Now or HBO Go streaming services. The movie can be rented on iTunes for $3.99 and purchase for $14.99.
- Harry Potter (movie series): Since some colleges are having their Finals Week next week, here is an idea for an award-winning movie series to watch while taking breaks. Bring some friends over and pop the popcorn, and plan to have a great evening/night of movie watching. Right now, there is no way to stream this from a streaming service, so the best option would be to either rent or buy the 8-film series from iTunes. I found in my research that simply renting each movie one-by-one on iTunes would cost less than $32. The 8-film collection itself for purchase (not available for rent) on iTunes is $79.99, so if you are in the mood to really treat yourself, then do so. If you cannot afford that, don’t worry about it and save your money.
- 2019 NFL Draft (Rounds 4-7): Over the last two nights, the NFL has held their annual draft, which is where NFL teams select the top college football prospects from across the country. Rounds 1-3 are over as of this Friday night, but rounds 4-7 will be airing tomorrow, April 27, at 12 p.m. ET on ABC, ESPN and NFL Network. Click here to find out how to stream that event.
- GEICO 500 (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series): This race is held in Lincoln, Alabama and driver Joey Logano is looking to defend himself after he won this race last year. The race will be on Sunday, April 28, at 2 p.m. ET on FOX. The event can be streamed from a live TV streaming service if the service has your local FOX station, as well as the FOX Sports GO app with your TV provider credentials.
- Houston Astros vs Minnesota Twins (MLB): This game is being aired on Wednesday, May 1, at 8 p.m. ET and will be on ESPN. To stream the game, again, simply sign up for and watch from a live TV streaming such as Sling TV, which would be the cheapest the stream the game in this situation. The game will additionally be streamed from the ESPN app. Users can watch from the ESPN app with TV provider credentials.