WWDC 2019’s keynote is on Monday morning (or afternoon, depending on where you live) and with that will come the newest changes to iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS and possibly some new hardware too.
So what can you expect to see at WWDC this year?
- iOS 13: What I expect to see from the newest version of iOS will be the Dark Mode we have been waiting years to get. After all, it is currently one of the only big rumors we have seen that looks to be coming to iOS 13 this year. The only other rumor we have heard is that Apple will be switching its volume graphic to the new and improved one that is in apps like YouTube, Instagram and Apollo for Reddit, where the volume icon is on top of the screen and does not block the video like you see in the Apple Photos app.
- macOS: I believe that the biggest thing we are going to see this year is the separation from iTunes and see services like Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Podcasts all have their own separate apps now.
- watchOS: Some sources have been saying that the new version of watchOS will enable developers to create third-party watch faces. I do not think that this will happen, but that we will see more watch faces from franchises like Star Wars or Game of Thrones since Apple has been known over the years to have partnerships with companies like Disney and HBO. Last year, Apple added Toy Story watch faces to their watch face lineup.
- tvOS: To be honest, I have no idea what to expect for the newest version of tvOS. When it comes to the Apple TV, I do expect for us to maybe get a launch date for the Apple TV+ streaming service by Apple. A feature request for the Apple TV for me would be seasonal backgrounds. This would mean that for a season like the fall, you would see autumn leaves falling down, snow falling during the winter season and rain falling during the spring season. Also, it’d be great for them to add Picture-in-Picture to the Apple TV. I’d also like them to add some form of notifications for the Apple TV for apps like Hulu with Live TV for when a sporting event for one of your favorite teams is getting down to the wire and you are not watching it at the moment. CARROT Weather notifications while using other apps would be a nice touch too.
- Other predictions: We could see a reveal of the new Mac Pro this year at the event. Apple will likely also be announcing the launch date for their new Apple Card credit card, as well as how to get a physical Apple Card.
Make sure to watch the Apple WWDC 2019 keynote on Monday, June 3, starting at 10 a.m. PT or 1 p.m. ET. Apple will have a livestream of the event on their website to stream on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac, and also have the event available to watch in the Apple Events app on the Apple TV.