We are in the last full week of July with August literally less than a week from now. With that said, here are our following picks for streaming TV shows, movies and sporting events over the course of the following week.
- Orange Is the New Black: The seventh and final season of the series is now up on Netflix and consists of 13 episodes. Enjoy it while you can because it is the final season, after all.
- Veronica Mars: The fourth season of the series was uploaded to Hulu a week early last week. We were actually going to recommend it for this week with the idea that it would have been a new season, but since Hulu uploaded it a week early…well, we’re still going to recommend it because it is a new season of the show and something that could be binge-worthy TV for some of you.
- Hey, Arnold!: This is a classic Nickelodeon cartoon and all five seasons are currently available to stream on Hulu!
- Trust Me: This is a movie that stars Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD’s Clark Gregg and the actress Saxon Sharbino. The movie itself is about Gregg’s character being a Hollywood agent and trying to get the next big child start (Sharbino). The movie is currently available to stream on Prime Video.
- Hackers: A movie released in 1995 about the following: A teenage hacker finds himself framed for the theft of millions of dollars from a major corporation. Master hacker Dade Murphy, aka Zero Cool, aka Crash Override, has been banned from touching a keyboard for seven years after crashing over 1,500 Wall Street computers at the age of 11. Now keen to get back in front of a monitor, he finds himself in more trouble than ever. The movie can be streamed on Prime Video.
- Charlie St. Cloud: A movie about a brother, a well-known local sailor (played by Zac Efron), loses his younger brother after an accident that he believes that he was the cause of. It is a story about getting over a horrific accident involving a loved one and being able to move on with your life afterward. The movie can be found to stream on Starz.
- Denver Broncos vs. Atlanta Falcons (NFL): The first preseason game of the 2019 season is about to begin. It is the Hall of Fame Game, played in Canton, Ohio, which is home of the NFL Hall of Fame. The game will be broadcasted on Thursday, August 1, at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Washington Nationals (MLB): A great Dodgers season is currently going on in L.A., along with the Nationals, who are still second in the NL East. Can they beat the NL West first-place Dodgers? Find out on Sunday, July 28, at 1:30 p.m. on TBS.
- U.S. Cellular 250 (NASCAR XFINITY Series): This race is ironically be raced in my home state of Iowa. The race will be on Saturday, July 27, and begin at 5 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network.