The first week of classes has already begun for a lot of you out there across the country. Some of you start later and perhaps some of you started even earlier. The good news is that the weekend is here and there is actually going to be a lot watch. So, let’s get right into it!
- 13 Reasons Why (Season 3): The third season of 13 Reasons Why has been released today and is available to stream on Netflix. Binge-watch it and find out who killed Bryce Walker!
- Mom (Season 6): Season six of CBS’s Mom series is set to be available on Hulu on August 27, 2019.
- Teen Titans (original series): This is one of the biggest shows on Cartoon Network’s history, especially in the early 21st century. The series can be streamed on the DC Universe streaming service. Additionally, it can be streamed in the Cartoon Network app as long as you sign-in with your TV provider credentials. I have also found that if your live TV streaming service has Cartoon Network, you can access the series via their on-demand catalog in the streaming service’s app.
- Booksmart: The iTunes description says this about the movie: “In this fresh, unfiltered modern comedy, best friends and academic overachievers Amy (Kaitlyn Dever) and Molly (Beanie Feldstein) realize they’ve missed out on fun during high school. So, on the eve of graduation, they decide to make up for lost time with one wild adventure in a coming-of-age story about the meaningful bonds we create.” The movie can only be purchased on iTunes for $14.99.
- Aladdin (2019 movie): The 2019 remake of the 1992 movie will be able to be purchased on iTunes on August 27. It can be pre-ordered on iTunes for $19.99.
- The Bookshop: Set in a small town in 1959 England, it is the story of a woman who decides, against polite but ruthless local opposition, to open a bookshop, a decision which becomes a political minefield. The movie can be rented on Hulu and Prime Video.
Sports: Like last week, these will primarily consist of football games since the 2019 college football season begins, the NFL preseason is still around and that football is the most popular sport in America.
- Miami vs. #8 Florida (College Football): This game will be the first game of the 2019 college football season and will be broadcasted on Saturday night, August 24, at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- Georgia Tech vs. #1 Clemson (College Football): The reigning national champions, the Clemson Tigers, will be hosting Georgia Tech. It will also be the first game on the brand new ACC Network. The game will be on Thursday, August 29, and begin at 8 p.m. ET.
- Steelers vs. Titans (NFL): This game will be on Sunday, August 25, at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. Since it is a game that is being televised nationally, everyone here should be able to watch it.