This update brings in a couple of changes which are:-
1. Video Editing: When you edit a video, the option for “save as a new video” is back in this version of iOS.
2. Memoji Stickers: If you do not use Memoji stickers, and if it bothered you in the Keyboard, Apple has added a toggle in the keyboard settings which will give you the option to disable the Memoji Stickers on the keyboard.
3. Safari: Apple has added support for FIDO2 compliant security keys which helps in authenticating apps and websites.
4. Communication Limits: Screen Time has a new feature in iOS 13 which will enable you to set communication limits on your child’s iPhone. You (as a supervisor) can control the time at which a certain person can be contacted. A person found out that Communications Limits can be bypassed by creating a new contact of the person who is blocked by their Supervisor.
5. News and Stocks: There is an updated Splash screen upon launching the Apple News app. There are like and dislike options in the article itself, on the bottom side of your display in the News and Stocks App. Also, when you scroll to the bottom of an Article in the stocks app, there is a new section for related articles.
This update also brings in stability in performance and bug fixes. Battery life in this version of iOS has dropped significantly on almost all devices. The newer 2019 iPhones which have the U1 chip use Location Services all the time, which may also cause the battery to drain. Apple plans to add a toggle to Location Services to enable/disable this.
Read the release notes from Apple here