Every year, we sit and wonder what Apple could be up to for the upcoming year and this year is no different than the previous.
It’s always a good idea to at least have an idea as for what Apple could be doing and what we could be seeing from them this year because, let’s face it, we’re all very curious.
With that said, here are the following predictions we are going to be making for Apple’s 2020 year.
- Rebirth of the iPhone SE: This one has been in the rumor mill for a while, but it would not surprise me if Apple brought this back and made it just a little bigger than the original 4-inch iPhone SE that was released in March 2016. It looks as though Apple would make it the size of the iPhone 8, which had a 4.7-inch screen. We expect this to be released sometime between March or April 2020, hopefully with an event would coincide with it.
- A “notch-less” iPhone: While the last three years of the iPhone have been good in terms of sales, I for one would like to see Apple step it up and get us a notch-less iPhone for 2020. That right there would make me want to pull a Futurama “Shut up and take my money!”
- An iPhone with both Touch ID and Face ID: There are rumors that would indicate that Apple is going to be doing this for the 2020 iPhones. It would make a great smartphone even greater, that’s for sure.
- A new Apple TV: There have not been too many rumors about a new Apple TV, but given the release of Apple Arcade and Apple TV+, you know that Apple has got to be looking into upgrading the Apple TV in some way. The newest version of the Apple TV, the Apple TV 4K, was released in September 2017. That will be three years this September, which is ancient history in the tech world.
- The HomePod Mini: If Apple has not looked into this yet, they need to be. It would be great for those who want something that is either smaller or just an Apple smart speaker that does not have the same hefty price tag as the current HomePod on the market right now.
- (BONUS) An Apple Pay reward system: We kind of already have this with the Apple Card and the percentage of cashback you get in Daily Cash on your Apple Cash card. Still though, it would be great to see Apple give more encouragements for people to use Apple Pay and to reward those who currently use it.
Do you think we missed any or do you have any other bold or bolder predictions? If so, let us know in the comments!