It’s been a sad week for sports fans with YouTube TV since they are going to be losing both the FSN regional networks and YES Network. On the bright side, at least VidGo got AirPlay support this week.
More good news is that we will be entering a new month this weekend, meaning that new content is coming to Netflix, Hulu and Prime Video!
- Devs (series premiere): This show is all about tech and software engineering, which I think should definitely cater to our audience here at Appleosophy. The show premiere on Hulu on Thursday, March 5. The first two episodes of the series will be there and then have a new episode once every week. Season one will have eight episodes.
- Classic Doctor Who: It is always said that the classics are always the best. With that said, you can stream all 26 seasons of Classic Doctor Who BritBox. Pluto TV has a channel dedicated to showing episodes from that series, but they are aired live on the channel and not available on-demand, which is the opposite of BritBox. In addition to that BritBox is available on Apple TV Channels as well.
- Community: A show all about the life of community college students can all be found to stream on Hulu.
- Good Will Hunting: We did recommend this one recently, but we will recommend it again this weekend since, as of Sunday, March 1, it will be available to stream on Hulu.
- Jerry Maguire: This Tom Cruise classic is available to stream on Netflix on Saturday, February 29.
- Frozen 2: While it is not available to stream on Disney+ or any other streaming service, it is available to rent on iTunes for just $4.99 and purchase for $19.99.
- XFL games: We don’t highlight a certain game over another for the XFL since it is still a brand new league. There will be games on ABC, FOX, FS1 and ESPN 2 this weekend. Click here to find out how to stream the games.
- Houston Rockets vs. Boston Celtics (NBA): It’ll likely be one of the biggest games this weekend in the NBA and will get a national audience too. The game will air at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, on ABC.
- #16 Penn State vs. #18 Iowa (College Basketball): We’re nearing the end of the regular season for college basketball. This will be an important game for the Big 10 this weekend. It will air at 12 p.m. on Saturday, February 29, on Big Ten Network (BTN).