What a week it has been for streaming. In fact, I think it was probably the biggest ever because of the coronavirus, everyone being told to stay inside their homes, people being unable to or not having to work and kids having no school meant that everyone was (and still is) looking to stream something.
This week, we will not be doing a sports column because of the fact that there are not any big sports to be watching, as most of them have been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States and across the world.
We know that you have many options when it comes to choosing what to stream and we want to encourage you to try out our picks for streaming this week. For this week, we will be recommending five TV shows and movies to replace the usual sports section.
- “Last Man Standing”: The series is currently airing its eighth season on FOX, where new episodes air every Thursday night at 8 p.m. ET. For those wanting to watch all of the other episodes of the series (including season eight), those can be streamed from Hulu.
- “Seinfeld”: All nine seasons of this series can be found to stream on Hulu
- “Jericho”: This is a great cult classic that probably should have gotten a reboot at some point. Alas though, it did not. Still, you can stream the two seasons of the show on Netflix and CBS All Access.
- “The Simpsons”: The entire series of “The Simpsons” can be streamed on Disney+ and the current season that airs on FOX can be streamed on Hulu.
- “MASH”: All 11 seasons of this show can be streamed right from Hulu.
- (BONUS) “The Waltons”: We’ve got to include Prime Video in this somehow and all nine seasons of this great classic TV series can be found on there.
- “The Vanishing of Sidney Hall”: This is quite the indie film, but it has an excellent cast. It can be streamed on Prime Video.
- “Bumblebee”: Hailey Steinfeld stars in this film and it is probably one of the best movies that I saw last year, and I am a pretty picky movie critic. It is available to stream on both Hulu and Prime Video.
- “The Social Network”: Perhaps this movie could help you get motivated to work on that side-hustle you have while you have your time off away from your current job or school? It is available to stream on Starz. You can also stream it with ads on IMDbTV and Crackle.
- “Wall-E”: Right now, this might be one of the best movies to stream right now, as it partially deals with America going through such a horrible pandemic that they have to leave the Earth. The story of this movie is great and shows off some of the best Pixar animation ever. This can be streamed on Disney+
On top of all of the TV shows and movies that we just recommended for you to watch this weekend and into next week, but for those who want to watch FOX News, they can do that now and you can find out how by clicking here.
Those who want to watch Hallmark movies can do so by signing up for a free trial of Sling TV and then taking advantage of its free previews.
Lastly, yes, it is possible to stream “Friends” in 2020 legally without Netflix. You can find out here.
Good luck to everyone out there as we get through this social distancing and coronavirus pandemic together!