Apple has updated their HealthKit developer resources available to developers who want to implement HealthKit into their third-party apps.
This new update which was been recently released, for developers, which now has the new “Works with Apple Health” badge.
Apple has included the details of this update on their Developer Website under the “Updated Guidelines for HealthKit” section. Under this section, Apple mentions,
“Works with Apple Health badge now available. You can also now use the Works with Apple Health badge to promote your HealthKit-enabled apps. Download the badge and review the guidelines for using the badge on marketing communications”
Learn more about the badge here.
Apple has released this badge to all developers who want to implement HealthKit in their apps but there are certain Do’s & Don’ts listed by Apple which Apple mentions in their ‘Works with Apple Health’ category.
According to Apple’s website, they are,
- The Works with Apple Health badge can be used on advertising and promotions related to the approved app.
- Use only one Works with Apple Health badge on each promotion, such as advertising, web pages, and email promotions.
- Place the badge in a subordinate position on the layout following your main message. The badge should be smaller than your identity or main message.
- Whenever space allows, the badge should be accompanied by text that describes the benefits and features of the Health app. See “Editorial Guidelines.”
- Whenever applicable, include privacy messaging. See “Editorial Guidelines.”
- Use only current badge artwork provided by Apple without modification.
- Do not use the badge if your media cannot reproduce the badge artwork clearly and at high resolution.
- Do not use the badge on general company communications. It must be used only in connection with the approved app.
- Do not use the Apple logo on its own or in conjunction with a Works with Apple Health badge.
- Do not use the badge on hardware product packaging.
- Do not animate, rotate, or tilt the badge.
- Do not alter the badge artwork in any way.
- Do not translate or localize the type within the badge.
- Do not render the badge artwork to look 3D.
- Do not add effects such as reflections, shadows, or glows around the badge.
- Do not add a trademark symbol (™) or registered trademark symbol (®) to the badge.
Download the artwork files provided by Apple on their Developer Website here.
Stay updated with the latest Apple news at Appleosophy and follow our Telegram News Channel here.