It’s Independence Day Weekend in the U.S. and while some may be spending time outside with friends and family, and social distancing as well. However, there are still plenty who are going to take this time to catch up on their television-watching.
Here are our recommendations for this weekend and going into next week.
- “Last Man Standing”: If you’re wanting to watch a show that has true American and western civilization values, this is one you may want to spend some time watching. All eight seasons of the series can be streamed on Hulu.
- “Everybody Hates Chris”: All four seasons of this short-lived TV series is available on Hulu.
- “Yu-Gi-Oh”: The first season of this show will be added to Netflix on Wednesday, July 8.
- “Forrest Gump”: We like to recommend classic American films for a weekend like this, and this Tom Hanks film is one that should allow some people to “relive the glory days.” The movie is available to stream on Starz.
- “National Treasure”: Want to watch a movie and learn a little bit about America’s history too? This movie will do just that for you and can be streamed on Disney+.
- “Captain America: The First Avenger”: It has “America” in the title. Need I say more? The movie is on Disney+.
- Brickyard 400 (NASCAR Cup Series): It is one of the biggest races of the year for the racing league. It will air at 4 p.m. ET, on Sunday, July 5, on NBC.