Apple has today released watchOS 7 Beta 7 to registered developers one week post to the release of watchOS 7 Beta 6.
The build number for the seventh Developer Beta of watchOS 7 is 18R5378a. According to Apple, this beta update contains bug fixes and improvements to watchOS 7. The letter ‘a’ at the end of the build number indicates that this is either the last beta or the second last beta, meaning that the next beta might be a Gold Master copy. There’s one issue which has been fixed in this update which “Your sleep schedule is now updated as expected during initial setup. (67256853)” and this update also qualifies for the 50% Apple Security Bounty Program. There are several known issues with their Workarounds mentioned in the release notes of watchOS 7 Beta 7 which are:
- Kaleidoscope faces created using the Photos app on watchOS 7 beta 4 or earlier might cause your watch to repeatedly restart unexpectedly. (65224164)Workaround: Use the Watch app on your phone to remove the Kaleidoscope face.
- Watch faces created using watchOS 7 beta 5 and earlier are no longer compatible with watchOS. Use watchOS 7 beta 6 or later to generate new
- If you added a Sleep complication to a Watch face in watchOS 7 beta, it might disappear after updating to watchOS 7 beta 2 or later. (63699282)Workaround: Add the Sleep complication again.
- The Sleep complication might appear twice in the complication picker when editing a Watch face. (64709508)
- Workaround: Remove the Sleep app, then reinstall it using App Store on your watch.
- You might be unable to update Apple Watch Series 3 to watchOS 7 beta due to limited storage. (64793483)Workaround: Unpair your watch, then pair it again with your phone. Set it up as a new watch rather than restoring from a backup. Reinstall the beta profile after setup is complete and use General > Software Update in the Watch app to update to the latest watchOS beta. If you want to restore your watch from its latest backup after the update is complete, repeat these steps while choosing to restore from a backup rather than setting up as new.
Progressgeneric type signature has changed, adding the
Progressgeneric parameter. This change does not require any source changes, but will cause apps compiled using an earlier beta SDK to quit unexpectedly. (63580200)Workaround: Re-compile apps for watchOS 7 beta 5 or later to resolve this issue.
View Style Configuration .Current Value Label
To install this update, you need a compatible Apple Watch with Apple’s Developer Profile installed. Before you update your Apple Watch, make sure that you have a compatible iPhone with the latest version of iOS. For this update, you’ll require an iPhone 6s or later running iOS 14. Also, make sure that your iPhone is connected to WiFi and your Apple Watch has at least 50% charge. Your iPhone and your Apple Watch should be in close proximity to each other. To update your Apple Watch to the latest Beta, Go to the Watch App on your iPhone, then go to My Watch>General>Software Update and update your watch to the latest beta of watchOS. watchOS 7 Beta 7 will be available for the Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch Series 4, and the Apple Watch Series 5.
We haven’t found anything new in this beta yet, but if we do, we will keep you updated with all the watchOS 7 news on www.appleosophy.com. The Public Beta version of this beta is expected to be released soon.