This will be one of the biggest weekends of the year since…well, it really is football season now.
Here are our following streaming picks for the upcoming week:
- “Archer” (Season 11 Premiere): This veteran FXX TV series will air its new season premiere at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 16.
- “The Odd Couple” (2015 version): This Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon sitcom was quite the revival for its time and all three seasons are available to stream on CBS All Access.
- “Doctor Who”: All 12 seasons of the new “Doctor Who” series are available to stream on HBO Max.
- “Irresistible”: Since 2020 is an election year, this political comedy could be one everyone in the family could get into. It can be rented through iTunes for $5.99.
- “No Safe Spaces”: While the school year has begun at most colleges across the nation, this documentary good be a good insight in seeing what these colleges have done historically in the ideas students are “allowed” to have and what happens when certain people come on campus who are “frowned upon.” The documentary can be pre-ordered through iTunes for $14.99 and will be released on Tuesday, September 15.
- “The Front Runner”: Since we’re sticking with the political theme this week, this film stars Hugh Jackman and can be streamed through Starz.
- Louisiana vs. #23 Iowa State (College Football): It’s the kickoff game for both teams and it is going to be quite the unusual game due to fans not be allowed into the stadium, which is something we have seen a lot of during the coronavirus pandemic. The game will be played at 12 p.m. ET Saturday, September 11, on ESPN.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints (NFL): Tom Brady will start in his first game as a Buccaneer and play against future hall of fame quarterback Drew Brees. The only difference now is that they are in the same division. The game will be played at 4:25 ET on Sunday, September 13, on FOX.
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams (NFL): This game will be the kickoff of the Rams’ new stadium, SoFi Stadium. The game will be played at 8:20 ET on Sunday, September 13, on NBC.
- Apple Event: Obviously we are not going to forget about the Apple Event that is set to unveil new products like the iPhone and iPad, as well as the possibility of announcing software release dates for iOS 14. The event will be a video released at 10 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, September 15.