iOS 14 released to the public yesterday and it comes with a variety of features such as widgets and App Clips that enable users to use part of an app only when they need it.
A big feature of iOS 14 is it brings Picture-in-Picture to the iPhone. Previously, it was only available on a handful of apps such as Telegram. Now it is a native aspect of the mobile operating system.
To use Picture-in-Picture on the iPhone in YouTube, you must do the following things:
- Open up YouTube in Safari.
- Get to the YouTube website.
- Type in a video you want to watch.
- Tap on the video you plan to watch and start watching the video.
- Open full screen of the video player and tap on the Picture-in-Picture logo.
From there, the video player should pop out and you can go back to your home screen and access other apps as well.
At this time, Picture-in-Picture is only available through the YouTube website through Safari and not through the YouTube app.
Do you plan on using Picture-in-Picture with YouTube videos on the iPhone? Let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.