Apple has finally announced the commencement of the Apple Online Store in India after much anticipation. The Online Store will launch in India on September 23rd with a wide range of benefits.
The Apple Online Store will benefit Indian Customers in a variety of ways including:
- Direct Shopping: Customers can directly shop on apple.com/in and purchase their Apple Device. All devices including Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple Watch, Apple TV, AirPods, HomePod, and device accessories will be available for users to purchase. Users do not have to rely on 3rd Party Authorized Resellers like Amazon, or a local store, due to the launch of the Apple Online Store. Users can also opt-in for engraving (text or emoji), in English and in various Indian Languages including Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil for AirPods, and English for iPad and Apple Pencil.
- Apple Specialists: You can chat with an Apple Specialist, who will help you choose the product best fitted to your needs in English and Hindi.
- Delivery: Apple will offer No-Contact delivery for all its products purchased on apple.com/in for free.
- Pricing & Payment: Students may be eligible for additional university discounts when they shop on the Apple Online Store. This indicates that Indian Students may be able to avail of offers like “Back To School” With the Apple Online Store, you’ll choose how to pay. There are several payment & financing options like Credit & Debit Card, Credit Card EMI, RuPay, UPI, Net Banking, or Credit Card on Delivery.
- Trade In: You can trade in your old smartphone to receive credit towards a new iPhone when purchased on apple.com/in. Eligible devices will receive credit, while other will be recycled for good.
- Configure to Order: When you purchase a Mac on the online store, you’ll be able to configure it as per your requirements. You can add more Storage or RAM, or opt for a Powerful Graphics Card. This option has been one of the most-awaited and requested in India.
- Personal Sessions: An Apple Specialist will help you learn amazing things about your newly purchased device with a free 1:1 session. If you need any other help, Apple Support is always ready to answer to your queries.
- Apple Care+: If you opt for Apple Care+ on the device you’ll be purchasing, you’ll be benefited with 2 years of technical support and coverage for accidental damage, however, this does not include theft or loss.
- Today at Apple: Starting October, Apple will launch Today At Apple sessions which will focus on Photography and Music Sessions led by local Creative Pros.
Deirdre O’Brien, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail + People said, “We’re proud to be expanding in India and want to do all we can to support our customers and their communities,” “We know our users are relying on technology to stay connected, engage in learning, and tap into their creativity, and by bringing the Apple Store online to India, we are offering our customers the very best of Apple at this important time.”
Apple says, “Apple has been operating in India for more than 20 years, and the company’s ongoing investment and innovation support almost 900,000 jobs across the country.”
Apple already produces the iPhone 6s series, iPhone SE (1st Generation), iPhone 7 series, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and iPhone SE (2nd Generation), which saves out on India’s import taxes, thus, reducing prices for customers. Apple is already rumored to start Physical Apple Stores in India, starting its first store in Maker Maxity Mall, Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai, one of the popular cities of India by 2021. Apple is also planning on opening an Apple Store near Minsk Square in Bangalore, according to Bloomberg. The Upcoming iPhone 12 production is also rumored to start in India which may reduce prices.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay in touch with those they love and the world around them. We can’t wait to connect with our customers and expand support in India with the Apple Store online on September 23! 🇮🇳https://t.co/UjR31jzEaY
— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) September 18, 2020
Let’s hope for the best, as Apple continues to expand itself in the Indian Market.