Apple Dominates the Smartwatch Market in Q4 2020

Jeff Williams introducing the new Apple Watch Series 4 at the Apple September 12th Event 2018

Apple [APPL] is dominating the smartwatch market according to new data for Q4 2020.

According to data from Counterpoint Research, Apple Watch Series 6 and SE were the dominant smartwatches shipped during the fourth quarter of 2020, shipping 12.9 million models. Due to the ongoing pandemic crisis, the smartwatch market is overall in decline but Apple is seeing a 19% increase in shipping and a 6% increase in market control overall from 34% to 40%, with Samsung and Huawei being in 2nd and 3rd places independently, but a whopping 31% are from ”Others”.

Senior analyst at Counterpoint Sujeong Lim says that Apple’s successful SE watch will pressure other competitors like Huawei and Samsung to develop their own versions of mid-range smartwatches.

Apple Watch is the leading smartwatch, accounting for 40% of the market share. This is strong thanks to the successful Apple Watch SE, Apple’s $279 smartwatch that many people bought over the Apple Watch Series 6.

Heedo Abu Laban
Author: Heedo Abu Laban

18 years old | News Editor and Writer at Appleosophy | former writer at | a big fan of tech + politics | Twitter: @HeedoAbuLaban

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Previous Post

Apple Pay Promo: Get 10% back in Bed Bath & Beyond rewards

Next Post

Apple Officially Discontinues iMac Pro While Supplies Last

Related Posts