It’s a new month in the world of streaming. Also, the spooky season has begun!
Here are our picks for October 2021.
- “Seinfeld”: As of today, all nine seasons of the series are available to stream on Netflix, and for the first time ever, in 4K.
- “Castle”: On Wednesday, October 6, the entire series of this detective show will be available to stream on Hulu.
- “Young Sheldon” (Season 5 premiere): The fifth season of this show will premiere at 8 p.m. ET on CBS and will be available for streaming the day after on Paramount+. New episodes will follow every Thursday this month at the same time, network and day-after streaming service. Seasons 1-4 can be streamed on HBO Max.
- “Evil”: Going along with the Halloween season that comes with October, the season two finale of the Paramount Original “Evil” will premiere on Paramount+ on Sunday, October 10. The rest of the second season, as well as the first season, are on Paramount+.
- “Doctor Who”: Again, going along with the Halloween theme, this series has plenty of alien and monster creatures that can scare the pants off you. The series is available to stream on HBO Max.
- “Hocus Pocus”: This classic Halloween movie is currently available to stream on Disney+.
- “Black Widow”: One of the most popular movies of the summer will start streaming for free on Disney+ on Wednesday, October 6.
- Hallmark Christmas movies: Believe it or not, while Halloween is still very much alive this month, Hallmark will begin airing its new set of original Christmas movies starting on Friday, October 22, with new movies premiering every Friday-Sunday.
- “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”: This iconic and family-oriented Halloween special is currently available to stream on Apple TV+.
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas”: It is both a Halloween and Christmas movie, and it is available to stream on Disney+.
- #7 Cincinatti vs. #9 Notre Dame (College Football): This could be the biggest test for Notre Dame this season, as well as for Cincinatti to see if they really are serious about trying to get into the College Football Playoff this year. The game will be played at 2:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 2, on NBC and Peacock.
- Tampa Buccaneers vs. New England Patriots (NFL): Tom Brady is returning to Foxborough to play against his former team, as well as his old head coach, Bill Belichick. The game will be played at 8:20 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 3, on NBC and Peacock.
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals (NFL): It’ll be a battle in the west, specifically the NFC West, between these two squads. The game will be played at 4:25 p.m. ET, Sunday, October 10, on FOX.
- MLB Playoffs: October and the fall are also the time of the year for baseball, and the MLB playoffs will be starting this month. The games can be watched and streamed on FOX, FOX Sports 1 (FS1) and TBS.
- Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets (NBA): The NBA also returns this month. One of the first nationally broadcast games will be played at 10 p.m. ET, Thursday, October 7, on ESPN 2.