Last week, Apple announced that Arizona was set to be the first state in the U.S. to have residents be able to put their driver’s license and state IDs in the Wallet app.
Over the coming weeks and months, other states are supposed to be getting support for this too including Colorado, Hawaii, Mississippi, Ohio and the territory of Puerto Rico, Iowa, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Oklahoma and Utah.
Here is how those current Arizona residents can add their driver’s license or state ID to the Wallet app on their iPhone:
- Open the Wallet app
- Tap the “+” circle in the top-right corner
- Under “Driver’s License or State ID,” you’ll tap Arizona
- Tap the blue button confirming you want to add it to your Wallet app
- Scan the front and the back of the ID, when prompted
- Validate with Face ID
- Submit to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division
- Then the verification with the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division will begin and you will receive a notification on your iPhone when it is ready to be viewed and used in the Wallet app on the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Please note that users who want to access this feature will have to have their iPhone running iOS 15.4 or newer.
If it helps, there is a video below that can assist you with this as well.
— Contactless Identifier (@ContactlessWiki) March 23, 2022
If you’re from Arizona, do you plan on using this feature and putting your Arizona ID in the Wallet app? Comment below or let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.