It’s gonna be May!
In all seriousness, May is here and even though it can be a busy time of the year due to school and college graduations, parties, ceremonies and proms, that doesn’t mean that there is not content to be streaming this month.
- “Stranger Things” (Season 4, Part 1): It’s one of the most popular TV shows on Netflix and its newest season is being released in its first part on Friday, May 27.
- “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”: This is a brand new “Star Trek” TV series that is set to be coming to Paramount+ on Thursday, May 5.
- “Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi”: In honor of May being the month of “May the Fourth be with you,” Disney+ will be showing the long-anticipated TV series about Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. Hayden Christenson who played Anakin Skywalker in the second and third “Star Wars” is also set to be in this TV series. The first two episodes of the series are set to premiere on Friday, May 27.
- “Young Sheldon” (Season 5 finale): As someone who regularly watches this show, the season finale this year could be pretty major. It will air at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 19, on CBS. It will be available to stream the day after on Paramount+.
- “My Hero Academia” (Season 5): The dubbed fifth season of this anime will be available to stream on Hulu starting on Monday, May 23.
- “Star Wars” trilogy: It is the month of “May the Fourth be with you,” so obviously that will give everyone a free pass or excuse to stream all of the newest and best “Star Wars” movies. They can all be found on Disney+.
- “Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers”: This film that is said to be “a comeback” from the original “Chip ‘N Dale” TV series is set to premiere on Disney+ on Friday, May 20.
- “American Underdog: The Kurt Warner Story”: Even though the NFL season is over, this is a spectacular story about an eventual NFL quarterback taking the steps and then some to become one of the most memorable quarterbacks in the history of the league. The movie is scheduled to come to Hulu on Friday, May 20.
- “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”: Since this movie does deal with high school graduation, as well as makes for a great coming-of-age film, this is one we typically recommend this time of the year. It is currently available to stream on HBO Max and Showtime.
- “St. Elmo’s Fire”: Sticking with the coming-of-age theme for movies, this one is all about a group of friends who graduate from college and are in the midst of beginning their adult lives. The movie is currently available to stream on Hulu and AMC+.
- MLB Friday Night Baseball on Apple TV+: Right now, each Friday night, you can stream free MLB games through Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app. Click here to see the schedule of the games that will be on this month.
- Chicago White Sox vs. Boston Red Sox (MLB): This game will be broadcast as part of Sunday Morning Baseball on NBC, and will be on at 11:35 a.m. ET on Sunday, May 8, on NBC and Peacock.
- New Jersey Generals vs. Philadelphia Stars (USFL): It’s still the newest football league of them all and has a game on sooner than you would expect. The game will be played at 7 p.m. ET and stream exclusively on Peacock.
- Houston Gamblers vs. New Orleans Breakers (USFL): This game will be played at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 8, on NBC and Peacock.
- Seattle Kraken vs. Winnipeg Jets (NHL): The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here in the NHL, which should make hockey fans nationwide happy. As for this game, it will be played at 2 p.m. ET, Sunday, May 1, on ESPN+.