Today, Apple has announced the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus in 5 new colors.
The 6.1-inch iPhone 14 and the new 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Plus feature the same Super Retina XDR Display from the iPhone 13 along with Ceramic Shield.
The Powerful A15 Bionic Chip with the 5-Core GPU from the iPhone 13 Pro has made its way to the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus. With the more powerful chip and increased thermal efficiency, graphically-intensive apps would look much smoother to the eyes.
Apple has also added a number of Camera improvements to the iPhone 14 series. According to Apple, “iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus introduce a new standard for photo and video capture with a new 12MP Main camera featuring a larger sensor and larger pixels, a new front TrueDepth camera, the Ultra Wide camera to capture more of a scene, and Photonic Engine for a giant leap in low-light performance. Through a deep integration of hardware and software, Photonic Engine improves mid- to low-light performance for photos across all cameras: up to 2x on the Ultra Wide camera, 2x on the TrueDepth camera, and an impressive 2.5x on the new Main camera. Photonic Engine enables this dramatic increase in quality by applying the computational benefits of Deep Fusion earlier in the imaging process to deliver extraordinary detail, and preserve subtle textures, provide better color, and maintain more information in a photo.”
Additional new Camera changes include:
- A new Main camera with a larger ƒ/1.5 aperture and 1.9 µm pixels, enabling photo and video improvements in all lighting scenarios for better detail and motion freezing, less noise, faster exposure times, and sensor-shift optical image stabilization.
- A new front TrueDepth camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture that enables better low-light performance for photos and video. Using autofocus for the first time, it can focus even faster in low light and capture group shots from farther away.
- A new Action mode for incredibly smooth-looking video that adjusts to significant shakes, motion, and vibrations, even when video is being captured in the middle of the action.
- The Ultra Wide camera, offering a unique perspective for wider shots and improvements to low-light photos with Photonic Engine.
- An improved True Tone flash that is 10 percent brighter and has better uniformity for more consistent lighting.
- Cinematic mode, now available in 4K at 30 fps and 4K at 24 fps.
- End-to-end Dolby Vision HDR, available only on iPhone.
More features include Crash Detection and the long-rumored Emergency SOS via Satellite.
U.S. Models of the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will be available without a physical sim tray and will run on Dual eSIM.
The iPhone 14 & iPhone 14 Plus will be available in five new colorful finishes – Blue, Purple, Midnight, Starlight, and (PRODUCT) RED. The iPhone 14 starts at $799 for 128GB, $899 for the 256GB variant, and $1,099 for the 512GB variant with special offers from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Without the offers from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile, the 128GB variant costs $829, the 256GB variant costs $929, and the 512GB variant costs $1,129. The iPhone 14 will be available to Pre-order on September 9th starting at 5 a.m. PDT and it will be available starting September 16th.
The iPhone 14 Plus starts at $899 for the 128GB base variant, $999 for the 256GB variant, and $1,199 for the 512GB variant with special offers from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Without the offers from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile, the 128GB variant costs $929, the 256GB variant costs $1,029, and the 512GB variant costs $1,229. The iPhone 14 Plus will be available to Pre-order on September 9th starting at 5 a.m. PDT and it will be available starting October 7th.