Today, Apple has finally announced the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with the much-awaited pill cutout at the “Far Out” event. This cutout has been named “Dynamic Island”. As the name suggests, the cutout will dynamically adjust with the content on your screen.
The 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro and the 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max feature a new Display that can go as low as 1Hz – enabling the long-awaited feature, Always-On Display. Moreover, the display has a peak HDR Brightness of 1600 nits and an astonishing outdoor brightness of 2000 Nits.
The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are powered by the A16 Bionic Chip which has a new Display Engine for the New Power Efficient Display featuring Always-On-Display. It features a new 6-core CPU with two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores, which is up to 40 percent faster than the competition and is capable of easily handling demanding workloads.
With an accelerated 5-core GPU with 50 percent more memory bandwidth, Graphically-intensive apps and games will run much smoother. According to Apple, the new 16-core Neural Engine is capable of nearly 17 trillion operations per second. The iPhone 14 Pro will be able to provide all-day battery life even with all these new advancements.
The Camera has received a lot of upgrades in this year’s Pro lineup. According to Apple,
“For the first time ever, the Pro lineup features a new 48MP Main camera with a quad-pixel sensor that adapts to the photo being captured and features second-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilization. For most photos, the quad-pixel sensor combines every four pixels into one large quad pixel equivalent to 2.44 µm, resulting in amazing low-light capture and keeping photo size at a practical 12MP.
“The quad-pixel sensor also enables a 2x Telephoto option that uses the middle 12 megapixels of the sensor for full-resolution photos and 4K videos with no digital zoom. This delivers optical quality at a familiar focal length, which is great for features like Portrait mode. The quad-pixel sensor also brings benefits to pro workflows, optimizing for detail in ProRAW.
And with a new machine learning model designed specifically for the quad-pixel sensor, iPhone now shoots ProRAW at 48MP with an unprecedented level of detail, enabling new creative workflows for pro users.
iPhone 14 Pro takes computational photography even further with Photonic Engine, offering a giant leap for mid- to low-light performance in photos across all cameras through a deep integration of hardware and software: up to 2x on the Main camera, up to 3x on the Ultra Wide camera, up to 2x on the Telephoto camera, and up to 2x on the TrueDepth camera.
Photonic Engine enables this dramatic increase in quality by applying Deep Fusion earlier in the imaging process to deliver extraordinary detail, and preserve subtle textures, provide better color, and maintain more information in a photo.”
Some additional changes include:
- A new 12MP Ultra Wide camera with 1.4 µm pixels, delivers sharper images with more detail, improving already powerful macro photography capabilities.
- An improved Telephoto camera that offers 3x optical zoom.
- A new front TrueDepth camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture that enables better low-light performance for photos and video. Using autofocus for the first time, it can focus even faster in low light and capture group shots from farther away.
- A new Adaptive True Tone flash that has been completely redesigned with an array of nine LEDs that change pattern based on the chosen focal length.
- Powerful computational photography benefits like Night mode, Smart HDR 4, Portrait mode with Portrait Lighting, Night mode Portrait photos, Photographic Styles to personalize the look of every photo, and Apple ProRAW.
- A new Action mode for incredibly smooth-looking video that adjusts to significant shakes, motion, and vibrations, even when the video is being captured in the middle of the action.
- Cinematic Mode is now available in 4K at 30 fps and 4K at 24 fps.
- Pro-level workflows for video, including ProRes and end-to-end Dolby Vision HDR.
The new Pro models will be available in four elegant finishes – Deep Purple, Gold, Silver, and Space Black. The iPhone 14 Pro starts at $999 for the 128GB variant, $1,099 for the 256GB variant, $1,299 for the 512GB variant, $1,499 for the 1TB variant. The iPhone 14 Pro will be available to Pre-order on September 9th starting at 5 a.m. PDT and it will be available starting September 16th.
The larger Pro Max starts at $1,099 for the 128GB variant, $1,199 for the 256GB variant, $1,399 for the 512GB variant, and $1,599 for the 1TB variant. The iPhone 14 Pro Max will be available to Pre-order on September 9th starting at 5 a.m. PDT and it will be available starting September 16th.
The iPhone 14 Pro series is truly a step forward in terms of mobile technology and Apple will continue to improve its iPhone lineup every year. Stay updated with the latest Apple news at Appleosophy and follow our Telegram News Channel here. Join the Appleosophy Community on Telegram here. Will you get any of the iPhone 14 models this year? Let us know by tweeting us at @appleosophy.