The iOS 16.2 update includes a variety of new features, one of which is Apple Music Sing. It’s a new way to experience millions of songs, with real-time lyrics, adjustable vocals, duet view, and more for subscribers. This new addition is perfect for karaoke with your friends!
Apple Music Sing includes:
Real-time Lyrics: animated lyrics that dance to the rhythm of the vocals.
Adjustable Vocals: with the new Sing slider you can adjust the lead vocals of millions of songs.
Duet View: shows different vocalists on opposite sides of the screen to make duets or multi-singer tracks easy to sing along to.
Background Vocals: Vocal lines sung simultaneously can animate independently from the main vocals to make it easier for users to follow.
Many devices can update to iOS 16.2, but here’s the list of the devices that can use this feature:
- iPhone 11 or later iPhone SE (third generation)
- iPad Pro (5th generation and later), iPad Air (4th generation and later), iPad mini (6th generation), or iPad (9th generation and later)
- Apple TV 4K (2022)
- You can use the feature on a HomePod mini through AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad.
How to use Apple Music Sing:
- Open the Music App and play your favorite song.
- Tap the real-time lyrics icon (bottom left corner).
- Tap the little magic wand on the right. Slide up or down to adjust the lead vocals of your favorite songs.
- To turn off Apple Music Sing just tap the slider.
Tens of millions of songs are available for the Sing feature, but we have found that some are not available yet like some of Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, and other renowned artists. As well, this feature’s great when you love the melody and you want it as background music to don’t get distracted by the lyrics while you are studying or working. Apple Music’s beloved real-time lyrics become even better with this addition.