In an update to its app this week, the Best Buy app got support for the Apple Wallet app.
When users are in their accounts now, they have the option to add their My Best Buy rewards card to their Wallet app on their iPhone or Apple Watch. All it requires is for the user to be signed into their account, go to the home page where it shows their My Best Buy account above, tap “Show Member ID,” and then tap on the “View in Apple Wallet” button where it will be added to their Wallet app.
Previously, users had to either pull up a QR code in the app and have it scanned in the store or have their phone number on their account typed in at the POS at the store.
For those that are unaware, here are the perks of having and using My Best Buy rewards:
- Free shipping: Members get free shipping every day with no minimum purchase
- Extra savings: Get exclusive access to members-only offers
- Saved items: Keep a wish list of items you would like to purchase and then reference them later when you are looking to buy one of them.
- Order tracking: Track all of your orders, which includes curbside and store pickups, as well as the most recent online shipping information.
- Purchase history: Be able to see all of your previous purchases
- Plans and subscriptions: View your active plans and subscriptions that you have purchased through Best Buy and see when they expire.
What are your thoughts on Best Buy adding Wallet app support for My Best Buy in its iOS app? Comment below or let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.