When I originally got my iPhone 6 in 2016, which was my first iPhone with support for Apple Pay, it changed the way how I do shopping online.
Of course, it also helps when apps and websites get support for Apple Pay so I can use it even more.
Since the payment method has become much more available over the past few years, it has made it so I can use it more often, and therefore, have a completely better shopping experience.
However, what are some of my favorite apps to use it on? Look no further than below.
- Target: Whether it is online or in-store shopping, Target has the best shopping app, in my opinion. Not only is it so easy to use and navigate, but with Apple Pay as the default payment method on its iOS app. Heck yes!
- eBay: Before it was accepted, I always said I’d like to use eBay more often because it is a legitimate website for getting not only good deals but niche items that you cannot always find in nearby stores. eBay has done a tremendous job with getting Apple Pay on its site that I have made much more purchases on eBay through its app because of its acceptance of it. I also think it gave the site more credibility when it comes to the security of payment info.
- Best Buy: Due to costs rising and such, I have not had as much of a reason to shop at Best Buy, but when I have through the app, it has always been a pleasant experience.
- Mercari: I know it’s seen as an “eBay rip-off,” but I quite enjoy Mercari. In the past year, I have been a good number of products from it. On top of that, like with eBay, focusing on payment security is crucial and accepting Apple Pay makes the site much more credible.
- ThriftBooks: As much as I love Barnes & Noble, its app, unlike its stores, does not accept Apple Pay and that is a problem. On the other hand, I love deals and ThriftBooks is another great online bookstore app that lets me get cheap books and pay with one of the more secure payment methods online. A win for everyone.
- Etsy: Some of the items here are truly good quality or unique, and overall, items that you cannot buy in your average online shop or retail store. And it having Apple Pay support in its app and website makes it so much better.
What are your thoughts on my list? Comment below or let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.