It’s October and needless to say, it is officially Spooky Season now in 2023.
- “Drake and Josh”: This hit Nickelodeon live-action series is now available to stream on Netflix, as well as on Hulu and Paramount+.
- “Ghosts”: It wouldn’t be Spooky Season if we were not talking about ghosts and creatures, and this series’ first two seasons can be streamed on Paramount+.
- “Ghost Hunters”: If you’re really looking to get scared this month, this series could help you do that. It is available to stream on MAX and Discovery+, with seasons 8-9 coming to Netflix on Thursday, October 19.
- “Supernatural”: Seeing creatures, ghosts, demons, beasts, and overall scary things is exactly what this show is all about and fits this month perfectly. All 15 seasons of the show can be streamed on Netflix.
- “Gotham”: For some reason, this seems like a good series to watch this month since bats are a creature featured in Spooky Season and Halloween, and this show is all about the coming of Batman in the City of Gotham. The entire series, five seasons, can be streamed on MAX.
- “Indiana Jones”: 4/5 of the “Indiana Jones” movies are available to stream on Paramount+ as of today. They can additionally streamed on Disney+.
- “Frazier” (reboot): The reboot of this hit TV series will premiere on Paramount+ on Thursday, October 12.
- “The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial”: Kiefer Sutherland stars in this brand new Showtime Original Film which will premiere on Paramount+ on Friday, October 6, and broadcast on Showtime on Sunday, October 8.
- “Zombieland” films: Starring Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, and Emma Stone, the films deal with a world that has been submerged in a zombie apocalypse, with the characters above being the few living humans remaining. The first film can be streamed on Peacock and AMC+. The second film can be streamed on Starz.
- Hallmark Countdown to Christmas movies: It is Spooky Season but to those who are not big Halloween people, Christmas movies are right around the corner. The first movie on Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas premieres at 8 p.m. Saturday, October 21, on Hallmark Channel and the day after on Peacock.
Halloween movies and specials:
- “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”: As this is being published, there are no dates for the special to be shown on PBS this year, but it is available to stream on Apple TV+ in the Apple TV app.
- “Halloweentown”: It’s a great family-friendly film that is perfect for this time of the year. It can be streamed on Disney+.
- “Hocus Pocus” films: Both of them can be streamed on Disney+.
- “Monster House”: Haunted Houses for Halloween? This one just screams “WATCH ME!” It is available on Hulu.
- “Coraline”: This is a unique film but one that definitely deserves the attention and a viewing during Spooky Season this year. MAX is the place to stream this one.
- Dallas Cowboys vs. San Francisco 49ers (NFL): The Cowboys travel to San Francisco in primetime to try to beat Brock Purdy and the 49ers. The game will be played at 8:20 p.m. ET, Sunday, October 8, on NBC and streaming live on Peacock.
- #14 Oklahoma vs. #3 Texas (College Football): The Red River Rivalry is happening again this month and it will be played at 12 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 7, on ABC.
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. New Orleans Saints (NFL): For this game, it could be an interesting matchup for both squads. The bonus with it is it is being played in a dome! It will be played at 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 19, on Prime Video.
- #8 USC vs. #11 Notre Dame (College Football): It’s one of the biggest rivalries in college football and will have a primetime national audience this year. The game will be played at 7:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 14, on NBC and streaming live on Peacock.
- 2023 MLB World Series: While we do not know either of the teams that will be playing in it this year, it will be broadcast on FOX. Please stay tuned in the coming weeks to Appleosophy to find out how to stream the games live.