Apple has released the first official update to iOS 12, after three weeks of it being released. iOS 12.0.1 fixes the pesky “charging-gate” issue, and some other minor bugs that were in the iOS 12 release. Unlike iOS 11 and iOS 10, this release took a while to release, showing that iOS 12 has been a good release for most people.
iOS 12.0.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone or iPad. This update:
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices do not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz
- Restores the original position of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
This new release includes no new features, however iOS 12.1 is in beta now and includes Group FaceTime, emojis and other improvements.