It’s no secret that we all love to stream content, whether that be on our iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple TV or Mac. However, which ones can you sign up for directly in iTunes?
Please note that we are going through both regular streaming services like Hulu and live TV streaming services such as Sling TV since those are the two types of streaming right now in the average household.
- Hulu: This service has content from networks like CBS, FOX and ABC on it the day after the new episodes air, as well as other popular cable networks and their programming. On top of that, the network has its own original programming such as Light as a Feather, The Mindy Project (now over as of 2018), and in 2020, the streaming service will have a mini-series of Looking for Alaska, which is based off the famous novel by John Green. Hulu through iTunes costs $5.99 a month which contains ads. You will have to pay $11.99 to get the ad-free version. Unfortunately, you cannot pay for Hulu with Live TV through iTunes as of right now.
- Prime Video: Prime Video has many different movies and TV shows such as Mozart in the Jungle (a Prime Original), The Vanishing of Sidney Hall and seasons 1-10 of Doctor Who. iTunes only allows users to pay for it monthly and not yearly. The current price to pay for it monthly is $8.99 per month.
- Netflix: Surprisingly, this one is still available even though it was previously reported that Netflix was going to get away from that and not allow it anymore. However, the App Store still has it listed in the app’s in-app purchases, therefore, we are still listing it on here.
- HBO Now: The service has full seasons of shows like Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley and The Newsroom, along with other hit movies as well. The service can be purchased and renewed through iTunes monthly for $14.99 a month.
- Starz: This is the only one that I can find that allows for both monthly and yearly purchases. The monthly is $8.99 per month and the yearly is $74.99 per year. Starz has their own original TV shows, but mostly consists of hit movies that are available live and on-demand on the service.
- YouTube TV: It has been getting a lot of attention lately, but I did find out the other day that the service can be purchased monthly through iTunes. The cost per month for YouTube through iTunes is $39.99.
- FuboTV: This is the one where it gets pretty expensive. It costs $52.99 per month to get it through iTunes, but it will include FuboTV’s Extra package that gives around 100 channels. FuboTV also recently became available on the Apple TV app too.
If you are looking to manage your TV streaming subscriptions all through iTunes, there are some great ways to do that in 2019. We look forward to other streaming services adding the ability to do so in the future as well.
Content from Hulu, Prime Video, Netflix, HBO Now, Starz and FuboTV can all be watched through the Apple TV app. The Apple TV app essentially has all of your shows and movies that you have watched recently or want to, all in one spot, making it easier for users to watch their favorite shows and movies.
All of the apps and services mentioned here are available on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Apple TV and Mac.