Man swallows an AirPod, and it still works after passing it out

A Taiwanese man was stunned to find that his Apple AirPod still worked after he swallowed the device and was forced to dig it out of a toilet.

Ben Hsu fell asleep with the pair of wireless headphones still in his ears but woke up unable to find one of them. Using an iPhone tracking feature he discovered the device was still in his room and heard its beeping sound following him around.

He said: “I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn’t find it – then I realized the sound was coming from my stomach.”

To get himself checked, he went the Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital where the doctors confirmed through X-ray that the AirPod was indeed inside his stomach. Hsu was prescribed a laxative and was advised by the doctors to monitor his poop as they waited for the things to pass through normally. Otherwise, surgery would be needed. Fortunately for Mr. Hsu the AirPod resurfaced when he relieved himself at a railway station the next day.

He was forced into a foul-smelling search but was able to pick out the £65 device and found that it was still intact. After washing the AirPod and letting it dry Mr. Hsu was amazed to find that it still worked.

Dr. Chen Chieh-fan, who works in the emergency room, explained: ‘Because of the plastic shell around the AirPod, the risk of it causing him harm in a similar way to swallowing a regular lithium-ion battery is much lower.’
Direct exposure to a battery could have caused a serious rupture in his intestines, reports said.

 Image Source: MIKESHOUTSDaily Mail

Praveen Nagaraj
Author: Praveen Nagaraj

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Previous Post

Appleosophy TV Picks (May 3-May 9)

Next Post

Appleosophy Weekly Episode 15: Apple opens Pre-orders for PowerBeats Pro, Apple announces Q2-19 Results, 2019 iPhones and New iPad Pro Models to Adopt New Antenna, and more

Related Posts