This weekend and into the course of the following week, there is plenty to watch when it comes to TV shows, movies and sports. Also, let’s celebrate the fact that the three-day weekend that is Labor Day Weekend, has officially commenced!
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (Season 6): The sixth season of the series will be available to stream in its entirety on Netflix on September 1. Right now, you can only stream the latest five episodes of the show from Hulu.
- Victoria (Season 3): The hit British TV show will be available to stream on Prime Video on September 3. Users can stream the previous two seasons on Prime Video too.
- Jericho: Jericho is a cult classic for TV shows and both seasons of it can be streamed on both Netflix and CBS All Access.
- Authors Anonymous: Kaley Cuoco and Chris Klein star in this film that is about a group of writers, all of which are attempting to get their first books published. The movie can be streamed from Hoopla and Tubi (with ads).
- Sherlock Holmes: Robert Downey Jr stars as the Sherlock Holmes! The movie can be streamed on Netflix.
- Coffee Shop: With the upcoming fall season coming and less than a month away, this is a great indie movie to get yourself in the mood for that season of the year. The movie can be streamed on Prime Video.
- #19 Wisconsin vs. South Florida (College Football): This game is on Friday, August 30 on ESPN, beginning at 7 p.m. ET.
- Northwestern vs. #25 Stanford (College Football): The beginning of the college football season is typically a time when teams are playing non-conference games, with a lot of them being not all that competitive. This could be a big game since the last time Northwestern played Stanford for the first game of the season back in 2015, Northwestern upset Stanford. This game will begin on Saturday, August 31, at 4 p.m. ET on FOX.
- Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears (NFL): Thursday night begins the 2019 NFL season. The game will begin on September 5 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC.
Labor Day Streaming Picks: Since a lot of you will have the day off on Labor Day, we have a pick more so related to college football, one movie series and one TV series.
- Sports: #9 Notre Dame vs. Louisville (College Football): This game will be on Monday, September 2, and will be at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- Movie Series: Taken: There are three Taken films. Some of them are on streaming services and some are not. However, we have found it easier with the Taken movie trilogy that you can find on iTunes for $34.97.
- TV Series: Doctor Who: All 10 seasons of the new Doctor Who series (2005-Present) can be streamed on Prime Video.