Whether this is for your average every day local forecast or you want to be able to stream the weather when you’re facing a flash flood, severe thunderstorm, tornado or hurricane warning.
We are here for you when it comes to this because on top of being an Apple news site, we want to be there for all of your streaming needs too.
Here is how you can stream the weather in 2019:
- Weather Nation on Pluto TV: The first option is going to be using a service like Pluto TV. This is a service that has free channels that are advertiser-supported, meaning no cost to you. Now, it does not have the Weather Channel, but it does have a free stream of Weather Nation, which can be a great way to get your national and local weather coverage.
- NewsON: This can be used to get your local weather from your local weather station. NewsON is a free app in the App Store and is available for most Apple devices. It can be good if your satellite picture on your TV is not looking good, but you still have your WiFi and can still get a stream of your local news. However, NewsON does not have all of the news stations across the country, so be sure to check the app first to see if they have any stations in your area before you become reliant on it.
- Local Now: Similar to NewsON you can get your local news and weather headlines. Again, it will not be available in all areas, so make sure that you check with the app first before you use it during severe weather.
- Local weather apps: Depending on where you live, some local weather apps might give you access to streams from the network to watch when their meteorologists do weather live on the air when severe weather hits.
- Facebook Live: A lot of local news stations still use this when streaming their weather coverage. It is a service that is free and nearly everyone has access to. Be sure to look into similar services like Periscope and YouTube as well.
- Live TV streaming services: At the end of the day, a live TV streaming service is going to be one of the best choices for this. The two that we recommend are YouTube TV and Hulu with Live TV since they both have a high number of local channels and affiliates for people to get their local weather on. Also, for those looking for national weather or specifically The Weather Channel, both DirecTV NOW and FuboTV have both of those channels.
- Frndly TV: We did a review on this one recently and although it is a live TV streaming service and should probably go in the bullet point above this one. Since it is the cheapest of the streaming services, starting at only $5.99 a month, and has The Weather Channel on it.
These are some of the best current ways to stream the weather and the news behind it. Let us know if we missed anything important in the comments below!