It is the winter and that means that a lot of us are staying in our homes, doing our best to make sure that we stay away from the cold weather outside and there is no better way to do that than to be reading a good book.
Apple Books is Apple’s ebook reading service that is a lot like Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble’s Nook ebook service. In addition to ebooks, users can also download audiobooks in the Apple Books app too.
It was previously called “iBooks,” but Apple renamed and rebranded the service to Apple Books in 2018.
Here are just some of the books that you could be reading right now:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: This a book for those who are looking for a good young adult/teen book and something that is relatively short. There is a movie of it too if you want to watch it after you read the book. Apple Books is currently selling the 20th Anniversary Edition for $11.99. The audiobook costs $12.99.
- Crushing It by Gary Vaynerchuk: Vaynerchuk was on Apple’s short-lived TV series Planet of the Apps in 2017 and has written a plethora of books. One of them is a book called Crushing It, which is great for those who are looking to start and open their own business. It could be good for those who are wanting to start those said businesses this spring and summer. If you were thinking about starting a business as part of your 2020 New Year’s Resolution, this would be a good book to read. It currently costs $14.99 in ebook format and $16.99 for the audiobook.
- The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant: Given the recent events of Bryant’s death, it only seems appropriate that we pay some sort of tribute to him. The book currently costs $16.99.
- Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle: This one is technically a Christmas-related book, but January and the next couple of months do have plenty of snow, so that might be the thing that gets you in the spirit to read this book. Like Wallflower, the book does have a book-to-film and that movie is on Netflix. Let It Snow currently costs $9.99 on Apple Books.
- WIRED by Julie Garwood: This book features cool tech, programming, hacking and a little romance to it. It could be a good book to read with Valentine’s Day right around the corner. The book currently costs $7.99 and $20.99 for the audiobook.
If you are the type of person that does not like ebooks, you can always go to stores such as Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million, which both accept Apple Pay. You can also try Target stores and its app, which again, both accept Apple Pay.
On top of all of that, if money is tight, look into ThriftBooks. Its site and app accept Apple Pay with pretty cheap shipping options, as well as getting access to cheap books and DVDs too.
Apple Books is available to use on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac.