Apple has had some of the most iconic ads over the last 20 years and it’s time that we take a step back and recognize that.
These five songs come from Apple events and commercials I have seen over the last 15 years, so this should not be hard to find some good ones.
- The first set of iPhone commercials: I believe these were simply called “Hello iPhone” back in the day, but I still remember seeing these on TV, loving the background music and making me really want an iPhone.
- 2015 12-inch MacBook unveiling: I remember in 2015 and watching this at home on spring break while at my community college. The song (“Gold” by Chet Faker) is one that I still play today on my Apple Music.
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro unveil: The scenes in this one were great because it showed off using an iPad Pro realistically out in public. Apple chose an instrumental song, which I am actually more in favor of because that is my preferred genre of music.
- Apple Music unveiling in 2015: Apple had a really good year for music in 2015. “I Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weekend was an excellent song to choose for
- Apple’s 2013 “Misunderstood” ad: Honestly, this will forever be my favorite Apple ad ever. It has instrumental Christmas music with a Christmas theme, and shows the life of what appears to be a pretty introverted boy making a masterpiece…from an iPhone 5S. I believe one of the themes of it is to show that you can make art with something as small as an iPhone, iMovie and an Apple TV to present it.
Do you think we missed any? Let us know if you think we did on our Twitter at @appleosophy.