Binge-watching seems to be one of the top things to do this summer because of people staying inside due to the coronavirus pandemic that has kept people stuck indoors. Once again, we will see (and promote) another week of that.
- “Family Guy”: Sometimes laughter is the best medicine, especially with the times we are in right now in the country. The entire series of the show can be streamed on Hulu.
- “Torchwood”: This beloved “Doctor Who” spin-off can be streamed in its entirety on HBO Max. It stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness. At some point in the series, Peter Capaldi makes an appearance. Capaldi eventually made his way to being the 12th Doctor in 2014.
- “Betas”: For the record, this short-lived one-season TV series was like HBO’s “Silicon Valley” before “Silicon Valley” was started. The whole series can be streamed on Prime Video.
- “iBoy”: Based on the book by Kevin Brooks, this movie can be streamed on Netflix. It stars Bil Milner and well-known “Game of Thrones” and “Doctor Who” actress Maisie Williams.
- “Ted” and “Ted 2”: While it may not be on a streaming service at this time, it is available to rent through iTunes for $3.99.
- “The King of Staten Island”: This new movie is available to rent on iTunes for $19.99.
Sports: This week, we’re going to recommend more sports movies for you to watch.
- “Rocky”: You can stream this classic film on Showtime.
- “Draft Day”: A movie about what it’s like for coaches and players is available to stream on Prime Video. It is also available to stream for free with ads on Tubi.
- “The Benchwarmers”: This is an iconic baseball film starring Rob Schneider, Jon Heder and David Spade. The movie should get you in the mood for the upcoming baseball season at the end of the month, and is available to stream on Starz.