Apple has reminded its customers via a press release that orders for the M1-based iMac/iPad Pro and Apple TV 4K (second generation) will start tomorrow. It also quietly confirmed that all of these devices will launch on May 21.
Another thing that Apple also confirmed is that some of the colors for the iMac will be exclusive to purchase on Apple’s online store. The colors that will be available to select on both Apple Retail and online stores are: silver, blue, green, and pink. These are the similar colors that both the iPad Air and AirPods Max offer. At the same time, you would be limited to choosing these colors when purchasing the base $1299 model.
The colors that will be available to select on only the online store are: orange, yellow, and purple. These are the additional colors that you can choose for the higher configurations along with the previous standard colors. As you might know, Apple has two models for the M1 iMac. Here’s a rundown for these models with the differences underlined:
- M1 system-on-a-chip, 8-core CPU, 7-core GPU
- Silver, Blue, Green, Pink
- 2 Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports
- Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad
- M1 system-on-a-chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU
- Silver, Blue, Green, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Purple
- 2 Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports + 2 USB-C ports
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad
- Gigabit Ethernet (built into the power adapter)
For the base model, you can still configure it with the Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Gigabit Ethernet for $50 and $30, respectively. If you want any of the three exclusive colors, you’d have to step up to the $1499 model and purchase it online.
Are you planning to purchase the iMac? Let us know in the comments below, or tweet us at @Appleosophy.