The San Francisco-based company Twitter is advancing monetization on the platform with new features like Super Followers and Tickets, and now the company is allowing users to test the upcoming features.
Earlier this year Twitter unveiled Super Followers – a way to charge followers and access additional content, according to the platform. The users can customize the prices between $2.99 and $9.99 and Twitter has summarized the requirements for having the feature.
To be eligible and access Super Followers you have to meet the minimum requirements of:
- • Be at least 18 years old
- Have at least 10,000 followers
- Have tweeted at least 25 times in the last 30 days
The second new feature is Tickets which functions exactly how it sounds like – virtual tickets that can be offered to others and allow entry to a Twitter Space. Twitter says that people can sell these tickets to as much as $999.
Ticketed Spaces helps you create unique and exclusive live audio experiences in Twitter Spaces, ones your audience is willing to pay for. With Ticketed Spaces, you have flexibility in setting the ticket price, which can be as low as $1 and as high as $999.
The Twitter Tickets FAQ page also indicates how the new feature works and who’s eligible to have it.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, a profile picture, and a header image.
- You have a verified email address. Learn how to verify your email address.
- You have secured your account by enabling two-factor authentication. Learn how to enable two-factor authentication.
- You do not have a history of repeatedly violating the Twitter User Agreement or Twitter’s Content Monetization Standards.
- You have not previously been removed as an advertiser on Twitter for violations of our Ads Policies or as a publisher on Twitter for violations of our Brand Safety Policies.
- Your authentic identity is clear on your Profile. Your profile does not feature the identity of another person, brand, or organization, nor does it use a fake identity that is intended to deceive others. Profiles that feature animals or fictional characters are ineligible unless directly affiliated with your brand or organization. Parody and fan accounts are not eligible for Ticketed Spaces.
- Your account is not a state-affiliated media account.
- You maintain 1,000 active followers or more.
- You have hosted at least 3 Spaces within the last 30 days.
Twitter is making monetization a big goal for its growth with the new features coming. There are also talks about adding newsletters to the platform after the company bought Revue (a newsletter platform) and Twitter Blue. The company has also re-launched Twitter Verifications after closing it four years ago.