Apps literally make each day of mine work. Without apps, I cannot update my Twitter or social media, stay in touch with my family and friends, and allow me to buy the things that I want.
For each of these products, we will talk about apps on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac, and which app from each category is my favorite and why.
Here are those apps:
- iPhone, Tweetbot 6: Tweetbot hands-down is my favorite third-party Twitter app. The timeline being in chronological order, its design and the fact that it works the way that the Twitter app should work. Its new themes and now being able to post polls have been nice additions to the app. Tweetbot currently costs $5.99 a year or $0.99 a month.
- iPad, Hulu: Say what you want about such a cliche app, but I do not use my iPad probably as much as I should. With that said, it’s such a good app and it’s where most of the shows that I watch are on, such as “Last Man Standing” and “How I Met Your Mother.” The app is organized pretty well and I will continue to use it for the time to come.
- Apple Watch, CARROT Weather: The app won Apple Watch app of the year from Apple and it is the same story here. For how small the screen is, no matter which Apple Watch size you have, there is so much information on the screen available. The notifications on the Apple Watch are also useful, especially when I am at work (because I do have a full-time job on top of Appleosophy) and need to be notified about potential severe weather in my area. The app starts at just $6.99 a year or $4.99 a month.
- Apple TV, the Apple TV app: Again, you can call me boring, but from when the Apple TV app was first launched, I never understood the point of it at the time. However, fast forward a few years, and it’s one of my most-used apps on it because it organizes all of the TV shows and movies I have recently watched from all of my streaming apps. In fact, I prefer the interface of the Apple TV app so much that I have my ad-free Paramount+ subscription through Apple TV Channels too. Having it available on the Apple TV third generation is a nice unexpected added bonus too.
- Mac, Pixelmator Pro: Each year I get better and better with this app since I purchased it in 2019. While I am still no expert in it or Photoshop, I do know how to make certain images or edits to images because of this app. It has been quite a helpful tool for some of my Appleosophy articles as well. In fact, right now you can still get it for 50% off the regular price throughout this holiday season.
What are your thoughts on my favorite app this year? Do you think I missed out on any other good ones? Comment below or let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.