This week Apple has unsigned iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, and iOS 11.2.2 for all devices. When the company closes signing for a iOS version. It’s makes it so users can not downgrade their devices or restore to a older firmware via iTunes.
iOS 11.2.5 was released last week for iPhone and iPad bringing HomePod support, Siri News, and other improvements and bug fixes
Full release notes for the iOS 11.2.5 update are below:
– Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
– Siri can now read the news, just ask, “Hey Siri, play the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sports, Business or Music.
Other improvements and fixes
– Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
– Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
– Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
– Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
– Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level