Apple has released their picks for what they think you should be watching over this weekend and over the course of next week. This is Apple’s way of promoting their Apple TV and their picks for TV shows to stream on streaming services or purchase on iTunes.
- Outlander (Starz): The romantic drama that gives us more swoons per episode than any other is back — and we’re captivated by Claire and Jamie’s culture shock in pre-revolutionary North Carolina.
- Tell Me a Story (CBS All Access): Classic fairy tales transformed into beguiling modern fables. The Brothers Grimm would approve.
- The Cry (Sundance Now): A missing baby. Shocking twists. This one will have you guessing about everything. The series stars Jenna Coleman, who has previously played big roles in Doctor Who and Victoria.
- Patriot (Prime Video): The must-see spy dramedy returns with more intrigue, folk songs and, now, Debra Winger.
- Band of Brothers (HBO): The astonishing chronicle of Easy Company and the real-life heroes who fought the good fight.
- Chain of Command (National Geographic): A riveting docuseries that puts you on the frontline of the war against extremism.
- SEAL Team (CBS): Adam’s tragic sacrifice still haunts the team — and, frankly, us. The series is also available on-demand on CBS All Access.
New Releases (Movies)
- Crazy Rich Asian: It’s rare to find this kind of romantic comedy that’s as hilarious and charming as it is groundbreaking.
- Incredibles 2: This blockbuster gets even more incredible with iTunes Extras including the Pixar short Bao and new mini-movie Auntie Edna.
- Christopher Robin: Every boy has to grow up. Ewan McGregor is here to show us that’s not all bad.
- #2 Clemson vs. #17 Boston College (College Football): A win away from their 4th-straight ACC Atlantic title, no way Clemson gets blindsided by BC — right?
- Starts at 8 PM on Saturday on ABC.
- Rockets vs. Spurs (NBA): Harden’s return eased the panic in Houston, but now he faces the newest sheriff in Texas: DeRozan.
- Starts at 8:30 PM on Saturday on NBA TV.
- Cowboys vs. Eagles (NFL): Seeking a mid-season spark, both sides of this rivalry got a new WR threat. Which will be the X factor?
- Starts at 8:20 PM on Sunday on NBC.
All of the TV shows and movies mentioned earlier can be streamed through the Apple TV app, which is a free app in the App Store.
The sporting events can be streamed through a variety of live TV streaming services, but for those who have PlayStation Vue, the games can be streamed from the Apple TV. However, if you do not have that app or a subscription to the streaming service, you will not be able to view it in the Apple TV app.