Like with every week now, we try to give you some recommendations as for what you should be streaming today, the weekend and over the course of the following week.
- Last Man Standing (Season 7, Episode 21): Mike and Chuck get their game on when Ed has a pinball machine installed in the office; Kristen and Mandy become jealous of a poem Vanessa wrote for Jen. The episode will air tonight at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.
- The Big Bang Theory (Season 12, Episode 22): I know that we have been pushing this one a lot lately but only because the show is set to end this month and it is a classic TV sitcom. The description of next week’s episode is this: Leonard is pleasantly surprised when Beverly comes to visit and she’s genuinely kind to him, until he finds out the real reason she’s there; Denise and Stuart overstay their welcome at the Wolowitz house. The episode airs on Thursday, May 9, at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Family Guy (Season 17, Episode 19): When Meg suddenly becomes internet famous, she and an excited Peter work together to build her following; Brian and Stewie revel in a new ride while Brian’s car gets repaired. This will air on Sunday, May 5, at 9 p.m. ET on FOX.
- The Divergent Movie Series: This is one of the best book-to-movie series out there and it is sad that it looks like they are not going to be making the fourth movie of the book series. The entire movie series can be found on iTunes for purchase-only for $29.97. If you want the DVD or Blu-ray version of this, you can find them at a plethora of retailers, but the cheapest we have been is through Walmart. Walmart currently has the DVD version for $9.96 and the Blu-ray version for $12.42. However, it would appear as though the DVD version is the only one available in Walmart stores at this time.
- The Last Summer: This will be great for those finishing high school either this weekend or this month, and then moving on to whatever is next for them, whether it is college, trade school or simply working. Here is the plot of the movie: High school graduates wrestle with love and friendship during their final summer together before heading off to college. The film is currently available on Netflix.
- 500 Day of Summer: I personally own this film on DVD and can say that it is pretty great. An interesting fact about this movie is that it was edited with Apple’s Final Cut Pro video editing software. The film is about a guy named Tom Hansen, who works at a card company and finds a new girl played by Zooey Deschanel (ironic as it sounds). He tries to win her over throughout the film, but the key is their relationship and the days that it happened. In the movie, it is not in the correct order, making the film more interesting than your average movie. The movie is currently on sale on iTunes and can be purchased for $7.99 and rented for $3.99. If you are looking for the DVD, the cheapest I have been able to find it is at Target, but is only going to be available in the retail stores. Prices vary but the price I saw was only $4. It is not available on Blu-ray there, though.
- The Kentucky Derby: The race to find out who has the best racing horse in the country is on this weekend! The Kentucky Derby will be this Saturday and begin at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets (NBA): Houston is 0-2 in the series right now. One more loss and they are out of the NBA Playoffs. The game is on Saturday night at 8:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Gander RV 400 (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series): Chase Elliott looks to keep his race-winning streak going as NASCAR heads to Dover. The race is on May 5 and will begin at 2 p.m. ET and be broadcasted on FS1.